Nike (NKE) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Nike rose $1.31 (1.2%) to $108.79 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Nike exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $107.62-$109.19 after having opened the day at $107.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $107.48. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Exceed Company (EDS), up 11%, Northern Technologies International (NTIC), up 6.2%, Tandy Brands Accessories (TBAC), up 6.2%, and Vera Bradley (VRA), up 4.9%. NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, marketing, and sale of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products for men, women, and children worldwide. Nike has a market cap of $39.95 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.4, below the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 22.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Nike a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Nike as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Nike Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NKE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV