Lear Corporation (LEA) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Lear Corporation rose 51 cents (1.3%) to $41.01 on light volume. Throughout the day, 704,391 shares of Lear Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 957,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.25-$41.02 after having opened the day at $40.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.50. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide (QTWW), up 17.3%, SORL Auto Parts (SORL), up 4.7%, Swift Transportation (SWFT), up 3.1%, and Dorman Products (DORM), up 2.9%. Lear Corporation designs, manufactures, assembles, and supplies automotive seat systems, electrical distribution systems, and related components primarily to automotive original equipment manufacturers. It operates in two segments, Seating and Electrical Power Management Systems (EPMS). Lear Corporation has a market cap of $3.94 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.2, above the average automotive industry P/E ratio of eight and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Lear Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Lear Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Lear Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LEA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV