Kara Goldin, founder of Hint Water, also noticed that there was an opportunity in the beverage market while trying to satisfy her family. As she began to encourage her four children to make healthier choices she noticed they preferred her pitchers of ice water with sliced fruit. It was then that she realized she was on to something.
Goldin, a former vice president at AOL (AOL), decided to create the all-natural flavored water. Seven years later, her company has revenue of more than $30 million, with 20 employees and some big name investors like singer-songwriter and Grammy-winner John Legend.
Despite the success, it's still very much a family-run business. Kara and her husband Theo head up the company's operations.The natural essence waters have zero calories, zero sugar and zero artificial flavors and preservatives and initially came in 10 flavors. The brand's message of "Drink Water Not Sugar" has resonated with health conscious consumers. More than 30 nationwide retailers carry her beverage including Whole Foods (WFM), Starbucks (SBUX) and Amazon (AMZN). Last year, Hint Water added Hint Fizz, a carbonated version of the beverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV