Kara Goldin, founder of Hint Water, also noticed that there was an opportunity in the beverage market while trying to satisfy her family. As she began to encourage her four children to make healthier choices she noticed they preferred her pitchers of ice water with sliced fruit. It was then that she realized she was on to something.
Goldin, a former vice president at AOL (AOL), decided to create the all-natural flavored water. Seven years later, her company has revenue of more than $30 million, with 20 employees and some big name investors like singer-songwriter and Grammy-winner John Legend.
Despite the success, it's still very much a family-run business. Kara and her husband Theo head up the company's operations.The natural essence waters have zero calories, zero sugar and zero artificial flavors and preservatives and initially came in 10 flavors. The brand's message of "Drink Water Not Sugar" has resonated with health conscious consumers. More than 30 nationwide retailers carry her beverage including Whole Foods (WFM), Starbucks (SBUX) and Amazon (AMZN). Last year, Hint Water added Hint Fizz, a carbonated version of the beverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV