Bazaarvoice (BV) is a provider of social commerce solutions that help its clients capture, display and analyze online word of mouth, including consumer-generated ratings and reviews, questions and answers, stories, recommendations, photographs, videos and other content about its clients' brands, products or services. This stock is trading up 6.4% at $16.10 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 196,000Average Volume: 248,032 Volume % Change: 74% Shares of BV are ripping higher today after the company announced it acquired PowerReviews Inc. for about $151.9 million in a cash and stock deal. From a technical perspective, BV is bouncing sharply here off of some previous support at around $15 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing BV within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once BV takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $16.92, and then its 50-day moving average of $18.25 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once BV sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 248,032 shares. If we get that action soon, then this stock has a great chance of trading above $20 in the near future. On the flipside, BV should be avoided or a shorted if it breaks below some major support at $14.48 with high-volume. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV