AFC Enterprises (AFCE) develops, operates, and franchises quick-service restaurants under the trade names Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits and Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen. Within Popeyes, it manages two business segments: franchise operations and company-operated restaurants. This stock is trading up 4.8% at $21.85 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 62,000Average Volume: 77,054 Volume % Change: 56%. From a technical perspective, AFCE is following through to the upside today after triggering a major breakout yesterday above $17.77 with monster volume. This move has now pushed AFCE into overbought territory since its current relative strength index (RSI) reading is 85.99. Traders are probably best served letting this stock consolidate some of those recent gains before looking for long-biased trades. That said, as long as AFCE is trending above Thursday's low of $19 with strong upside volume, then it has a great chance of eventually hitting $25 to $26. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 77,054 shares a bullish.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV