AFC Enterprises (AFCE) develops, operates, and franchises quick-service restaurants under the trade names Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits and Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen. Within Popeyes, it manages two business segments: franchise operations and company-operated restaurants. This stock is trading up 4.8% at $21.85 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 62,000Average Volume: 77,054 Volume % Change: 56%. From a technical perspective, AFCE is following through to the upside today after triggering a major breakout yesterday above $17.77 with monster volume. This move has now pushed AFCE into overbought territory since its current relative strength index (RSI) reading is 85.99. Traders are probably best served letting this stock consolidate some of those recent gains before looking for long-biased trades. That said, as long as AFCE is trending above Thursday's low of $19 with strong upside volume, then it has a great chance of eventually hitting $25 to $26. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 77,054 shares a bullish.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV