Semtech (SMTC) is a supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products. Semtech designs, produces and markets a range of products that are sold principally into applications within the high-end consumer, industrial, computing and communications end-markets. This stock is trading up 3% at $24.43 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 601,000Average Volume: 511,614 Volume % Change: 144% Shares of SMTC are moving higher today after Williams Financial upgraded the stock to buy from hold saying while its first quarter results were below consensus; the quarter was "fairly strong." >>5 Earnings Stocks Poised to Pop From a technical perspective, SMTC is ripping higher here on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a breakout trade. That trade will hit once SMTC takes out its 200-day moving average of $25.11, and then some overhead resistance at $25.50 with high-volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades off a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 511,614 shares. If we get that action soon, then SMTC could easily tag its 50-day moving average of $26.71, or possibly $27.50 to $28 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV