Mattress Firm (MFRM) is a specialty retailer of mattresses and related products and accessories in the United States. This stock is trading up 5% at $37.65 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 266,000Average Volume: 219,890 Volume % Change: 112% Shares of MFRM are soaring higher today after the International Sleep Products Association, a bedding industry trade group, said that its April Bedding Barometer showed increases in both units sold and sales dollars compared to last year. >>5 Consumer Stocks That Could Pop From a technical perspective, MFRM is pushing higher here right below its 50-day moving average of $38.56 on above average volume. This stock has also started to challenge some near-term overhead resistance at $37.64. At last check, MFRM has hit an intraday high of $38.99 but has since pulled back near $37.60. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as MFRM is trending above its 50-day of $38.56, and above today's high of $38.99 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 219,890 shares as bullish. If we get that action, look for MFRM to hit $42 to $44 in the near future. On the flipside, this stock should be avoided if it fails to maintain a trend above its 50-day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV