GeoEye (GEOY) is a commercial provider of earth imagery, and a provider of image-processing services and geospatial information services to the United States and foreign government defense and intelligence organizations, domestic federal and foreign civil agencies and commercial customers. This stock is trading up 7.3% at $20.50 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 273,000Average Volume: 290,670 Volume % Change: 152% >>6 Stocks to Play if the Market Tanks From a technical perspective, GEOY is bouncing big here off of some previous support at around $19 with decent volume. This sharp bounce has now pushed GEOY into breakout territory since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $19.99. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as GEOY is trending above $19.99 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 290,670 shares as bullish. If we continue to see that action, then GEOY has a great chance of tagging its 50-day moving average of $22.63 soon or possibly much higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV