Rue21 (RUE) is a specialty apparel retailer. This stock is trading up 7.6% at $29.07 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 470,000Average Volume: 294,278 Volume % Change: 235% Shares of RUE are soaring today after the company reported first quarter profit that rose more than estimated and it also raised its profit forecast for the year. From a technical perspective, RUE is spiking sharply higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $28.79 with above average volume. This move is also pushing RUE above some near-term overhead resistance at $28.97. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades in RUE as long as it's trending above its 50-day and $28.97 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers volume near or above 294,278 shares as bullish. If we continue to see RUE trending above those levels with volume, then this stock should easily re-test its May high of $31.97.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV