Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (NYSE: ANH) announced the results of its 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “Annual Meeting”), which was held on Wednesday, May 23, 2012. Stockholders of record on the record date (March 26, 2012) were entitled to vote at the Annual Meeting.
The following items were presented for stockholder approval:
- The election of six directors to hold office until the next annual meeting of stockholders or until their successors have been duly elected and qualified;
- An advisory vote to approve the compensation of our Named Executive Officers; and
- The ratification of the appointment of McGladrey & Pullen, LLP as our independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2012.
The proposal for election of each nominee for director passed with affirmative votes exceeding 94% of the votes cast (excluding abstentions and broker non-votes); the advisory vote to approve the compensation of our Named Executive Officers passed with affirmative votes exceeding 76% of the votes cast (excluding abstentions and broker non-votes); and the proposal for ratification of the independent registered public accounting firm passed with affirmative votes exceeding 99% of the votes cast (excluding abstentions but including broker non-votes). The final voting results for each proposal will be filed today with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on a Current Report on Form 8-K and will be available for viewing on our website at http://www.anworth.com.
About Anworth Mortgage Asset CorporationAnworth is an externally-managed mortgage real estate investment trust. We invest primarily in securities guaranteed by the U.S. Government, such as Ginnie Mae, or guaranteed by federally sponsored enterprises, such as Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. We seek to generate income for distribution to our shareholders primarily based on the difference between the yield on our mortgage assets and the cost of our borrowings. We are managed by Anworth Management, LLC, or the Manager, pursuant a management agreement. The Manager is subject to the supervision and direction of our Board of Directors and is responsible for (i) the selection, purchase and sale of our investment portfolio; (ii) our financing and hedging activities; and (iii) providing us with management services and other services and activities relating to our assets and operations as may be appropriate. Our common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “ANH.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV