This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

How to Profit from Coming Aggressive Monetary Stimulus

So here's the plan on how to profit from the reaction to the eventual monetary stimulation and massive injections of capital (and increased monetary velocity) that is coming sooner than later.

Begin with assets that will go up as a result of the weakening of the paper currencies. It's not rocket science, but whenever we've had Federal Reserve style quantitative easing, the symbols of wealth preservation went up sharply in value.

Here's a 5-year chart of the SPDR Gold Share ETF (GLD). You can see where economic stimuli and Quantitative Easing (QE) began in late 2008. QE1 was announced at the end of August 2010 and QE2 kicked in the spring of 2011. Each time it fueled gold's ascension higher and higher.

Two interesting ways to profit from the coming rebound in both gold and silver is to consider these two ETFs: the Central Fund of Canada (CEF) and the ASA Gold and Precious Metals (ASA).

As the Central Fund of Canada web page makes clear, the purpose of CEF is to make it relatively easy to invest in both gold and silver in a tradable, priced-per-share basis. Over 95% of the money invested is split between gold and silver bullion, with the remaining 5% kept in cash for redemptions.

The fund's gold and silver bullion is stored in "the highest security rated treasury vaults at a Canadian Chartered Bank on an unencumbered, allocated and segregated basis".

That means there's real gold and silver behind the net asset value of each share of CEF. It's not co-mingled with other bullion and, as far as we were told, it is insured and fully inventoried.

As of May 24, the share price is selling for a 1.2% discount to its net asset value. So with each share you'll be able to participate in the rise of both precious metals, and they WILL rise IF aggressive monetary stimulation is implemented.

The ASA Gold and Precious Metals ETF is a unique breed of "self-management" investment trust.

The firm invests in publicly-traded stock markets across the globe. It primarily invests in stocks of companies engaged in the exploration, mining or processing of gold, silver, platinum, diamonds, or other precious minerals. ASA was founded in 1958 and is based in San Mateo, California.
2 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
GLD $121.29 1.89%
ASA $12.83 3.13%
CEF $12.87 1.20%
IAG $3.18 5.65%
SVM $0.70 2.90%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,830.76 -210.79 -1.17%
S&P 500 2,075.81 -19.34 -0.92%
NASDAQ 4,805.2910 -57.85 -1.19%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs