BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- How's this for an income investing mantra: The only thing better than a big dividend payout is a bigger one.
The thing is, that's a harder goal to accomplish than it seems. Chasing yields, after all, will only get you so far; and all too often, big dividend payers have such big yields because investors are discounting the likelihood of a dividend rate cut.
But this week, we're not waiting for high-yielding firms to announce dividend hikes. Instead, we're focusing on the future, taking a look at five companies that are likely to boost their dividend payouts in the next quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV