Dow Today: Home Depot (HD) Leads The Day Higher, Alcoa (AA) Lags
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 14.0 points (-0.1%) at 12,515 as of Friday, May 25, 2012, 9:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 17.5 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 732.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,408 issues advancing vs. 1,174 declining with 192 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Home Depot (NYSE:HD), which is sporting a 28-cent gain (+0.6%) bringing the stock to $49.99. Volume for Home Depot currently sits at 411,069 shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 10.2 million shares. Home Depot has a market cap of $73.59 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 18.2% year to date as of Thursday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.4%. The Home Depot, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a home improvement retailer. The company's stores sell building materials, and home improvement and lawn and garden products to do-it-yourself, do-it-for-me (at D-I-F-M), and professional customers. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.6, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 18.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Home Depot as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Home Depot Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Alcoa Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV