AMSTERDAM, May 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VimpelCom Ltd. ("VimpelCom" or "Company") (NYSE: VIP), a leading global provider of telecommunications services, announces that the Moscow Arbitration Court has issued a new, expanded injunction order in connection with the previously announced claim by the Russian Federal Anti-monopoly Service ("FAS"). The injunction order is related to the previously disclosed claims brought by the FAS against two of the largest shareholders of VimpelCom, Telenor East Holding II AS and Weather Investments II S.a r.l., in the Moscow Arbitration Court. The FAS claim allege that Telenor acquired preferred shares of VimpelCom from Weather and that the two shareholders entered into other agreements in violation of the Russian Law on Strategic Investments. VimpelCom has been named as a third party to the claim, which means that its rights and obligations may be affected by the claim.
The injunction order states that it prohibits each of the Company and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, OJSC "Vimpel-Communications" ("OJSC VimpelCom") and VimpelCom Holdings B.V., and their respective management bodies (CEOs and members of the boards of directors) from giving effect to the resolutions of the Annual General Shareholders Meeting ("AGM") of the Company's subsidiary OJSC VimpelCоm, which was held on May 21, 2012, including:
- Prohibiting the payment of dividends to shareholders of OJSC VimpelCom based on the results of operations in 2011, and the transfer of the cash intended for dividend distribution to the accounts of OJSC VimpelCom or other companies with foreign banks;
- Prohibiting the external auditors elected at the OJSC VimpelCom AGM from exercising the powers conferred on them;- Prohibiting the board of directors of OJSC VimpelCom elected at the OJSC VimpelCom AGM from exercising their powers pursuant to the charter of OJSC VimpelCom; and - Prohibiting the taking of other actions and steps designated to transfer the indicated funds out of our Russian subsidiary OJSC VimpelCom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV