NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Facebook (FB) was one of tech's big movers in premarket trading as investors responded to the ongoing fallout from the social networking giant's eventful initial public offering last week.
Shares of the Palo Alto, Calif.-based tech giant fell 1.67% to $32.48 before market open. Facebook was also one of the most active Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 386,779.
Apple (AAPL) was another active Nasdaq stock. The iPhone maker's shares slipped 0.25% to $563.88 on share volume of 98,634 .
Microsoft (MSFT) shares crept up 0.31% to $29.16 following media reports that NBCUniversal is in talks to buy the software giant's stake in their MSNBC.com joint venture. Citing several sources with knowledge of the situation, Adweek reported that negotiations have progressed to the stage where Comcast (CMCSA) , NBCUniversal's majority owner, is conducting due diligence.Dell (DELL), which announced that it has clinched its acquisition of cloud specialist Wyse Technology early on Friday, was flat at $12.45 before market open. Tech titan HP (HPQ), which reported strong second-quarter results earlier this week, was off 1.42% at $21.46. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV