Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. (BECN): Today's Featured Wholesale Loser
Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Beacon Roofing Supply fell 15 cents (-0.6%) to $25.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 452,323 shares of Beacon Roofing Supply exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 432,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $25.01-$25.58 after having opened the day at $25.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.39. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: SinoHub (SIHI), down 16.3%, China Armco Metals (CNAM), down 9%, SED International Holdings (SED), down 5.5%, and Westinghouse Solar (WEST), down 4.2%. Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. distributes residential and non-residential roofing materials. Beacon Roofing Supply has a market cap of $1.17 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15, equal to the average wholesale industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Beacon Roofing Supply a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Beacon Roofing Supply as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Beacon Roofing Supply Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV