Monster Worldwide Inc. (MWW): Today's Featured Media Loser
Monster Worldwide (MWW) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Monster Worldwide fell 19 cents (-2.1%) to $8.68 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Monster Worldwide exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.50-$8.88 after having opened the day at $8.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.87. Other company's within the Media industry that declined today were: LodgeNet Interactive Corporation (LNET), down 15.7%, Charm Communications (CHRM), down 13.2%, Spanish Broadcasting System (SBSA), down 6.9%, and Central European Media (CETV), down 6.3%. Monster Worldwide, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides online employment solutions worldwide. The company operates a network of Websites that connect employers and jobseekers. Monster Worldwide has a market cap of $1.06 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 18.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Monster Worldwide a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Monster Worldwide as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Monster Worldwide Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV