Hologic Inc (HOLX): Today's Featured Health Services Loser
Hologic (HOLX) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Hologic fell 24 cents (-1.4%) to $16.97 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Hologic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.93-$17.30 after having opened the day at $17.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.21. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Urologix (ULGX), down 13.7%, Tengion (TNGN), down 5.9%, Mela (MELA), down 5.5%, and IntegraMed America (INMD), down 5.4%. Hologic Inc. develops, manufactures, and supplies diagnostic, medical imaging systems, and surgical products for the healthcare needs of women. The company operates in four segments: Breast Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical, and Skeletal Health. Hologic has a market cap of $4.54 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.7, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 100.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Hologic a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hologic as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income.
- You can view the full Hologic Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV