Human Genome (HGSI) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Human Genome fell 26 cents (-1.9%) to $13.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.7 million shares of Human Genome exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of eight million shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.41-$13.83 after having opened the day at $13.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.88. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: MediciNova (MNOV), down 42.9%, Catalyst Pharmaceutical Partners (CPRX), down 34.5%, Senesco Technologies (SNT), down 9.3%, and PROLOR Biotech (PBTH), down 5.9%. Human Genome Sciences, Inc. operates as a biopharmaceutical company in the United States. Its principal products include BENLYSTA for systemic lupus erythematosus; and raxibacumab for inhalation anthrax. Human Genome has a market cap of $2.79 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 87.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Human Genome a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Human Genome as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally weak debt management.
- You can view the full Human Genome Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV