Chubb Corp (CB): Today's Featured Insurance Winner
Chubb (CB) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Chubb rose 44 cents (0.6%) to $72.10 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Chubb exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.33-$72.18 after having opened the day at $71.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.66. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: First Acceptance Corporation (FAC), up 16.3%, National Security Group (NSEC), up 11.7%, CNinsure (CISG), up 10.3%, and Life Partners Holdings (LPHI), up 7.5%. The Chubb Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals. It offers personal insurance products, such as automobile, homeowners, and other personal coverage products, as well as supplemental accident and health insurance products. Chubb has a market cap of $19.26 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.1, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Chubb a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chubb as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Chubb Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV