Synaptics Inc. (SYNA): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner
Synaptics (SYNA) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Synaptics rose 18 cents (0.7%) to $26.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 647,698 shares of Synaptics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 516,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.69-$26.32 after having opened the day at $25.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.97. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Network Equipment Technologies (NWK), up 9.7%, OCZ Technology Group (OCZ), up 3.5%, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), up 3.3%, and Rimage Corporation (RIMG), up 3%. Synaptics Incorporated develops and supplies custom-designed human interface solutions that enable people to interact with various mobile computing, communications, entertainment, and other electronic devices. Synaptics has a market cap of $877 million and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.1, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Synaptics a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Synaptics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV