Strategic and Financial Benefits
- Further Strengthens Delphi’s Leading Position in the Global Automotive Market. The transaction will further strengthen E/EA’s position as a market leader in the global automotive connectors segment and accelerate its entry into the high-growth SRS segment. In addition, the transaction will greatly enhance Delphi’s portfolio of connectors for hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Significantly Enhances Position with High-Growth Customers and Diversifies Customer Base. The transaction will broaden Delphi’s relationships with leading automotive OEMs across the globe, including Chrysler, Daimler, Ford, General Motors, Hyundai, PSA Peugeot-Citroën, Renault Nissan and Volkswagen Group.
- Expands Delphi’s Global Footprint, Especially in Asia. MVL’s robust product portfolio and global operations, including its significant manufacturing and engineering presence in China, India and Korea, will further strengthen Delphi’s position in the high-growth Asian market.
- Delivers Significant Synergies and Expands Delphi’s Industry-Leading EBITDA Margins. Delphi expects total annual full run-rate pre-tax synergies of $80 million, to be fully achieved in 2015. The synergies are expected to come from procurement, product development and supply chain. Building on a strong base product portfolio and customer positions, the combined businesses will expand Delphi’s EBITDA margins.
- Accretive to EPS. Delphi expects 2013 EPS accretion to be $0.24, excluding acquisition-related costs and including approximately $0.12 amortization of acquired intangible assets.
Completion of the transaction is subject to customary regulatory consents and approvals and acceptance of the binding offer by FCI, which can only occur after consultation with certain of MVL’s works councils. Delphi intends to finance the transaction through a combination of cash on hand and debt. Additionally, the transaction is expected to have no impact on the previously announced $300 million share repurchase program, which will be executed through 2012 or until the $300 million has been utilized.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV