Facebook's COO Sheryl Sandberg to Harvard Grads: 'Can You Click On an Ad or Two'
By Julia Boorstin, CNBC Correspondent
(She graduated from Harvard back in 1995, when CEO Mark Zuckerberg was 11.)
But as expected she steered clear of any controversial issues -- no talk about the Nasdaq or the stock price. She talked quite a lot about working with CEO Mark Zuckerberg and the premium both of them place on honesty and clear, simple communication.In her closing thoughts of the twenty minute speech she finally referenced Facebook's IPO with a quip: "I wish for your four things, first keep in touch via facebook, this is critical to your future success, and we're public now so can you click on an ad or two when you're there?" The line drew laughs and applause.
| More from CNBC
Which is Sexier, Twitter or Facebook?
Car and Truck Reliability Hits Record High
Oil Could Turn to Headwind as Dow Flirts With 13,000
-- Written by Julia Boorstin for CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV