LAWRENCE, Mass., May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NxStage ® Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM), a leading manufacturer of innovative dialysis products, today announced the latest interim findings from its FREEDOM (Following Rehabilitation, Economics and Everyday-Dialysis Outcome Measurements) Study, which found daily home hemodialysis treatments with the NxStage System One™ are associated with long-term improvements in various physical and mental quality of life measures. These interim FREEDOM Study results, "At-Home Short Daily Hemodialysis Improves the Long-Term Health-Related Quality of Life," were published online on Kidney International's website in advance of its release in print.
NxStage's FREEDOM Study is the largest prospective study of frequent home hemodialysis to date. The FREEDOM Study reported improvements in several quality of life measures in end stage renal disease (ESRD) patients at 12 months of follow-up, including:
- Sustained improvements in the physical-component summary (PCS) score and mental-component summary (MCS) score at four and 12 months;
- Significant improvements in all six PCS-specific domains (physical functioning, role physical, bodily pain, general health, vitality and social functioning) and one of two MCS-specific domains (mental health) over 12 months; and
- More than doubling the proportion of participants with a PCS score greater than or equal to 50, increasing from nine percent at baseline to 21 percent at 12 months in the as-treated cohort.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV