LAKE FOREST, Ill., May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hospira, Inc. (NYSE: HSP), the world's leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies, today released a snapshot of the positive impact of I.V. clinical integration of infusion pumps and electronic health records (EHRs) in honor of Healthcare Technology Management Week, which recognizes the important work of healthcare technology professionals.
"The I.V. clinical integration of infusion pumps with electronic health record systems has been shown to decrease the time it takes for nurses to start a new infusion by at least 27 percent," said Richard Nevin, vice president, Medication Management Systems, U.S., Hospira. "Using I.V. clinical integration to link a smart infusion pump with EHRs helps deliver the trifecta for hospitals: safety, efficiency and financial benefits."The following multimedia assets provide additional information about how I.V. clinical integration can enhance patient safety, clinician workflow and cost prevention efforts:
- Why I.V. Clinical Integration of Infusion Pumps is So Smart : This infographic illustrates the functionality and benefits of I.V. clinical integration with Hospira MedNet™ safety software, including visuals that reflect the number of steps that can be removed from the medication delivery process.
- Symbiq™ Infusion Pump Overview Video : A quick look at Hospira's newly enhanced Symbiq device -- recently given the first general infusion pump clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the new 510(k) guidelines -- and the role it plays in I.V. clinical integration.
- IVclinicalintegration.com: An online hub of visual resources, case studies and news about I.V. clinical integration.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts