5. 2012 Toyota (TM - Get Report) Highlander Hybrid Limited
Combined miles per gallon: 28
This Camry-based crossover helped kill the lumbering conventional SUV when it was introduced little more than a decade ago, and it continues to trim the fat. That mileage complements such features as a moonroof, power liftgate, three-zone climate control and backup camera without sacrificing the Highlander's 94 cubic feet of storage space or three rows of seating. The bad news? Drivers pay about $9,000 more for those extra five miles per gallon.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts