Kinder Morgan Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (KMI)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Kinder Morgan (NYSE:KMI) is trading at unusually high volume Thursday with 9.5 million shares changing hands. It is currently at four times its average daily volume and trading down 73 cents (-2.2%) at $32.43 as of 1:30 p.m. ET. Kinder Morgan has a market cap of $23.58 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Kinder Morgan, Inc. owns and operates energy transportation and storage assets in the United States and Canada. The company operates in six segments: Products Pipelines-KMP, Natural Gas Pipelines KMP, CO2 KMP, Terminals KMP, Kinder Morgan Canada KMP, and NGPL PipeCo LLC. The company has a P/E ratio of 43.3, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 58.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Kinder Morgan as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, generally weak debt management and premium valuation. You can view the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report. See all heavy volume stocks in our stocks moving on unusual volume list or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV