Let's refresh the criteria I look for in a stock before it gets my green light. A stock needs these 4 criteria:
- 1. Increasing Revenue
- 2. Increasing Earnings
- 3. Positive price momentum
- A solid balance sheet
Let's look at price momentum first. During the last month the stock had a big uptick as is evidenced by this hourly trading chart provided by Barchart:
In the last six months, the stock also has outpaced the overall market, which, as measured by the Value Line Index is up 3%, while PetSmart shares recently spiked giving a 22% return for the same period: PetSmart and its subsidiaries operate as a specialty retail chain for pet products and services in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada. The company offers everything from pet food and treats to health care supplies, grooming, toys and apparel as well as aquariums and habitats for fish, birds, reptiles, and small pets. The company also operates PetsHotels with boarding services for dogs and cats. According to the PetSmart Web site, the company operates 1,232 retail stores and 192 PetsHotels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV