Another under-$10 stock that looks ready to trigger a sharp move higher is Silicon Graphics (SGI), a technical computing company that develops, markets and sells a range of computing servers and data storage, as well as differentiating software. This stock has been trending lower so far in 2012 with shares off by around 48%.
If you take a look at the chart for Silicon Graphics, you'll notice that this stock has been destroyed by the sellers with shares dropping from its February high of $14.93 to a recent low of $5.02 a share. That big move lower has now created an extremely oversold condition since shares of Silicon Graphics have been showing a relative strength index reading of below 30 for the past couple of weeks. Since this stock flashed some high-volume strength on Wednesday, shares of Silicon Graphics could be preparing to rebound sharply higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV