Another under-$10 stock in the medical equipment and supplies complex that looks poised for some decent upside is Fonar (FONR), which is engaged in the business of designing, manufacturing, selling and servicing magnetic resonance imaging scanners, which utilize MRI technology for the detection and diagnosis of human disease, abnormalities, other medical conditions and injuries. This stock has been skyrocketing so far in 2012, with shares up over 150%.
If you take a look at the chart for Fonar, you'll notice that this stock made a huge run in March and April after it broke out above $2.84 a share with high volume. That breakout set the stock off to the upside with shares tagging a high of $6.80 a share in a very short timeframe. Since hitting that high, shares of Fonar have pulled back to a recent low of $3.40 a share. That move pushed the stock back below its 50-day moving average of $3.92, but on Wednesday the stock recaptured that moving average after it closed up 13.4% to $4.30 a share with above-average volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV