One under-$10 name that's trading very close to triggering a major breakout trade is ParkerVision (PRKR), which is engaged in the business of designing, developing and selling its radio frequency technologies and products for use in semiconductor circuits for wireless communication products. This stock is off to monster start in 2012, with shares up over 85%.
If you take a look at the chart for ParkerVision, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strong for the past six months, with shares skyrocketing from a low of 74 cents to a recent high of $1.68 a share. During that uptrend, shares of ParkerVision have consistently made higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. Now this stock is starting to flirt with a major breakout trade since its starting to challenge some near-term overhead resistance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV