4. Hancock Holdings
Shares of Hancock Holdings (HBHC)of Gulfport, Mississippi, have dropped 17% in the past month, making it among the worst performers within the sector.
The bank reported a net income for the first quarter of $18.5 million, or 21 cents per share, compared to $19 million, or 22 cents, and $15.3 million, or 41 cents, respectively, in the fourth and first quarters of 2011.Analysts lowered estimates for the bank post its results, sending shares lower. However, in light of the recent underperformance, some are a little more constructive on the stock. "We believe this is a quality company on a path to superior returns and promising growth prospects at a relatively inexpensive valuation," KBW analyst Jefferson Harralson wrote in a recent report. At a recent investor presentation, the bank laid out potential revenue strategies from its acquisition of Whitney and said it is on the lookout for more deals. The bank was also optimistic about expanding into Texas, which it said was exhibiting organic loan growth. Six analysts rate the stock a buy, while seven rate it a hold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV