WILMERDING, Pa., May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wabtec Corporation (NYSE: WAB) has signed contracts valued at about $34 million to provide components for 473 subway cars being supplied by Kawasaki to MTA New York City Transit under the R-188 option order. The cars are scheduled to be delivered in 2013-15.
Wabtec will provide the following components for the cars: Brakes, couplers and current collectors (Wabtec Passenger Transit), door operators and related equipment (Vapor Stone), and event recorders (Wabtec Railway Electronics). Of the 473 cars, 103 will be new, with the remaining 370 to be upgraded from existing vehicles.
"This is a significant project to expand and modernize a portion of the subway car fleet in New York City, and we're pleased to play an important role," said Albert J. Neupaver, president and chief executive officer of Wabtec.Wabtec Corporation is a global provider of technology-based products and services for rail and industrial markets. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures a range of products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles. The company also builds new switcher and commuter locomotives, and provides aftermarket services. The company has facilities located throughout the world. www.wabtec.com SOURCE Wabtec Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV