Small businesses on the go want to focus on making sales – not worry or waste time looking up local sales tax rates.
To help with this, Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq:INTU) today announced that its GoPayment mobile credit card payment offering is among the first to provide geolocation-based sales tax calculations. Using this technology, GoPayment helps small businesses get paid confidently wherever they are by accurately calculating taxes based on the precise location of a sale, taking into account the city, state and municipal tax codes, as well as special tax districts.
To help eliminate the worry and hassle of getting taxes wrong, this sales tax geolocation feature reduces customer service issues related to incorrect tax rates and mitigates audit risks and fines. It also makes it easier to collect the data needed to file taxes and be compliant. The technology is based on Avalara’s AvaTax sales tax geolocation engine.
“Our customers wanted to eliminate the worry of complying with local tax rates,” said Chris Hylen, vice president and general manager of Intuit’s Payment Solutions division. “This newest technology uses latitude and longitude coordinates, instead of ZIP codes, to deliver the most accurate calculations available – even in the most complex jurisdictions.”The geolocation sales tax feature is now available for GoPayment for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch as well as GoPayment for Android devices. More information is available at GoPayment.com. Resources:
- GoPayment ( http://gopayment.com/)
- GoPayment Blog ( http://Blog.gopayment.com)
- GoPayment on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/gopayment)
- GoPayment on Facebook ( http://facebook.com/IntuitGoPayment)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV