CLEVELAND, May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, more than 1,200 Forest City associates nationwide will trade in their computers and office supplies for work gloves, paint brushes and shovels during the company's ninth Annual Community Day.
Community Day is a day of service that brings together Forest City associates from across the country to provide much-needed help to more than 60 agencies and charitable organizations nationwide that provide critically needed services in our communities.In the Cleveland area, Forest City associates will lend a helping hand to organizations such as the Boys & Girls Clubs and Hospice of the Western Reserve. David LaRue, Forest City president and chief executive officer, will roll up his sleeves and complete his day of service at New Avenues to Independence, an organization that provides support services for people with disabilities. Associates from the company's properties and regional offices are also participating, including more than 130 from Forest City Ratner, the company's New York subsidiary, who are teaming up with KaBOOM!, a national non-profit, to build a new playground in Brooklyn. "Community Day is a chance for all of Forest City to come together as one company and demonstrate commitment to our core values," LaRue said. "We believe in proactive community involvement, driven by corporate giving and the efforts of our associates, that enhances the vitality of the communities in which we operate and call home." Begun in 2004, Community Day was created to provide associates with a paid day to share their time and skills with local community organizations they care about, and to embody the Company's core value of community involvement. Associates in each city select the charity or charities to assist.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV