BEIJING, May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ: SOHU), China's leading online media, search, gaming, community and mobile service group, today announced that its online game subsidiary, Changyou.com Limited ("Changyou") (NASDAQ: CYOU) began open beta testing of Tao Yuan, an inhouse-developed 3D turn-based martial-arts massively multi-player online role-playing game ("MMORPG") on May 24, 2012.
Adapted from legendary stories of heroes in the Three Kingdoms period in China, Tao Yuan is a turn-based game developed using the Unreal3 game engine. In the game, players strategically position fighting characters on a 3x5 grid and take turns to attack and defend. Unlike typical turn-based games, turns are determined by an "active time battle" system that adds a time-keeping meter for each character during combats. When the meter is full, players are given an opportunity to attack or defend their characters, but must respond swiftly or else their turn expires. This combination of a 3x5 grid and an "active time battle" system makes gameplay more challenging and exciting as it tests players' responsiveness, skills and ability to strategize within a short-time frame. In addition, players can choose from a total of 17 occupations and can interchange between occupations freely in the game. In full screen mode, the game features beautifully rendered 3D characters and landscapes.
Dewen Chen, Changyou's president and chief operations officer, commented, "We continue to grow our portfolio of MMO games with the launch of our new inhouse-developed game,
Tao Yuan. The game adds new variations to gameplay that is not typically found in traditional turn-based games. We expect the game to attract new audiences and draw in more players of turn-based games that will help to grow and diversify our user base."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV