For the company, we are in the semiconductor test equipment market, which you can breakdown into two major segments, the standalone memory devices and everything else or what we refer to as the SoC space. The SoC space in 2011, which is the area that we focus on as a company, represented approximately $1.8 million in product revenues, so it's the last calendar year. Again, we don't really talk much about the memory space, because we don't participate in it and have no plans to participate in it.
Within the SoC space, we target about 70% of the overall market size there. SoC represents everything from purely analog devices to all the way through purely digital devices along the RF and power and various capabilities in between.
We don't focus on the high end digital or the microprocessor or graphics processor part of the market that represents typically about 30% of the overall SoC space. We instead focus on what we believe to be the higher growth, more opportunities to differentiating your solutions part of the market, which are the application-specific or ASSP market, microcontrollers, data converters, RF, frontend devices, such as power amplifiers and transceivers, as well as power management devices. Again, that represents about 70% of the overall market which is what we view as our addressable market of about $1.2 billion in calendar year 2011.
Looking at those target markets in a bit more granular way. On this slide here, you can see that the various sizes of the IC market both, for 2011 and expected growth into 2012, but most important column on this chart is probably the third column or fourth column, which is the unit volume compound annual growth rate. Our business is driven by unit volume expansion in the semiconductors, because the more units that are created the more units that need to be tested on equipment. So that's a very key metric for our business' unit volumes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV