We also look at -- there's a big portion of investment in our different areas of business and adjacencies. So when Alain Monié, the new CEO, came in, this has helped even further accentuate this, is that really driving more inertia and growth and critical mass in our higher-margin adjacencies.
So for instance, our Auto Identification Data Capture/Point-of-Sale business, we've grown that to a little bit over $600 million in 2011. We believe we are the second largest globally in that areas, with ScanSource being the #1. It's growing -- obviously, it's growing higher-than-normal IT growth. It really drives a significant level of productivity, the technology software and hardware that's involved in the auto identification data capture space. And the operating margins and gross margins are much, much stronger than our core business.
Then let's continue to focus on things like the adjacencies and data center and Value business. We have got a substantial amount of, I'd say, business that we sell in a -- that would be considered in products senses -- our value business so a well -- a good degree over $10 billion in value-determined business. But it's sold, to a large degree, in a volume way.
So the play in that regard is really driving some of the services and solutions and a consultative support that help drive the gross margins and ultimately operating margins up in that area of business. So that one is not only just a growth area business, but also an operating margin area business.And then, driving our Ingram Micro Logistics and Ingram Micro Mobility businesses to -- really would drive the one of the services element of Mobility and the services element of Logistics. Both of which, over time, will drive higher operating margins and the average and help us achieve it.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV