On May 23, 2012, the Board of Directors of Portland General Electric Company (NYSE:POR) declared a quarterly common stock dividend of 27 cents per share, up from last quarter’s dividend of 26.5 cents per share.
“We’re pleased to provide another dividend increase, the sixth consecutive annual increase since going public in 2006,” said Jim Piro, president and chief executive officer of Portland General Electric. “This increase reflects PGE’s strong operations and prudent financial management, as well as our continued focus on delivering value to both our customers and our shareholders.”
PGE’s dividend is evaluated based on capital requirements and financial performance. Over the long term, the Company targets a dividend payout ratio of 50-70 percent, which is consistent with our peers.
The dividend is payable on or before July 16, 2012, to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 25, 2012.About Portland General Electric Company Portland General Electric, headquartered in Portland, Ore., is a fully integrated electric utility that serves approximately 825,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Oregon. Visit our Web site at www.PortlandGeneral.com. POR-FSource: Portland General Electric Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV