On May 23, 2012, the Board of Directors of Portland General Electric Company (NYSE:POR) declared a quarterly common stock dividend of 27 cents per share, up from last quarter’s dividend of 26.5 cents per share.
“We’re pleased to provide another dividend increase, the sixth consecutive annual increase since going public in 2006,” said Jim Piro, president and chief executive officer of Portland General Electric. “This increase reflects PGE’s strong operations and prudent financial management, as well as our continued focus on delivering value to both our customers and our shareholders.”
PGE’s dividend is evaluated based on capital requirements and financial performance. Over the long term, the Company targets a dividend payout ratio of 50-70 percent, which is consistent with our peers.
The dividend is payable on or before July 16, 2012, to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 25, 2012.About Portland General Electric Company Portland General Electric, headquartered in Portland, Ore., is a fully integrated electric utility that serves approximately 825,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Oregon. Visit our Web site at www.PortlandGeneral.com. POR-FSource: Portland General Electric Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV