Continued Balance Sheet Growth
Total assets increased by $0.8 billion, or 6%, to $13.8 billion at March 31, 2012, from $13.0 billion at December 31, 2011, and by $1.9 billion, or 16%, from $11.9 billion at March 31, 2011. Our interest-earning assets for the first quarter 2012 were largely comprised of:
- Residential loans held for investment which increased by 37% to $4.5 billion from the first quarter of 2011;
- Commercial loans and leases which increased by 13% to $1.8 billion from the first quarter of 2011;
- GNMA pool buyouts which increased by 68% to $2.7 billion from the first quarter of 2011; and
- Investment securities which decreased by 22% to $2.2 billion from the first quarter of 2011.
Loan Origination and Portfolio ActivitiesOrganic originations of residential loans, commercial loans and leases totaled $2.2 billion for the first quarter of 2012. Deposit and Other Funding Sources Total deposits grew by $0.3 billion, or 3%, to $10.6 billion at March 31, 2012 from $10.3 billion at December 31, 2011, and by $0.9, billion or 9%, from $9.7 billion at March 31, 2011. At March 31, 2012, our deposits were comprised of the following:
- Non-interest bearing accounts were $1.4 billion or 13% of total deposits;
- Interest-bearing checking accounts were $2.1 billion or 20% of total deposits;
- Savings and money market accounts were $3.8 billion or 36% of total deposits;
- Global markets money market and time accounts were $1.3 billion or 13% of total deposits; and
- Time deposit accounts, excluding global markets, were $1.9 billion or 18% of total deposits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV