Shares of Signature Bank of New York, N.Y, closed at $61.01 Tuesday, returning 2% year-to-date, following a 20% total return during 2011. The five-year total return was 87%.
The company had $15.3 billion in total assets as of March 31.The shares trade for 1.9 times tangible book value, and for 14.5 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $4.21. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $3.67. Signature Bank's ROA has ranged from 1.13% to 1.23% over the past five quarters. Guggenheim analyst David Darst on Tuesday upgraded Signature Bank to a "Buy" rating from a neutral rating, with a price target of $71, "given its attractive valuation and catalysts for continued robust organic growth driven by core business and the new specialty and [commercial and industrial] lending teams hired in 1Q12." Darst said that "25-30% loan growth in 2012 and 2013 is attainable given recent [commercial real estate] volume and the addition of specialty lending and C&I teams." The analyst expects that Signature Bank's "EPS will grow at a 21% three-year [compound annual growth rate] from 2011 to 2013," and that the company will earn $3.71 a share this year, followed by 2013 EPS of $4.35. Interested in more on Signature Bank? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 3 A-Rated Bank Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV