- Shares of Citigroup (C) closed at $26.92 Tuesday, returning 2% year-to-date, following a 44% decline during 2011. The stock's five-year total return was a negative 94%, according to Thomson Reuters Bank Insight. Citigroup's shares were trading for just over half their tangible book value, and for six times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $4.68 a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
- Shares of Bank of America closed at $6.98 Tuesday, returning 26% year-to-date, following last year's 58% drop. The five year total return was a negative 84%. The shares traded for 0.6 times tangible book value, and for seven times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.04.
- JPMorgan Chase closed at $34.01 Tuesday, returning 4% year-to-date, following a 20% decline during 2011. The five-year total return was a negative 21%. The shares traded for 1.1 times tangible book value, and for six times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $5.43.
3 A-Rated Bank Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.