Copa Holdings SA (CPA): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Copa Holdings (CPA) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Copa Holdings fell $1.74 (-2.1%) to $80.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 542,185 shares of Copa Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 384,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $77.67-$82.64 after having opened the day at $82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.70. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE), down 8.7%, Ultrapetrol Bahamas (ULTR), down 7.6%, Excel Maritime Carriers (EXM), down 7.5%, and Frontline (FRO), down 7.2%. Copa Holdings, S.A., through its subsidiaries, provides airline passenger and cargo services. The company offers air transportation services for leisure and business travelers; and cargo and courier services. Copa Holdings has a market cap of $2.78 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.6, below the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 17.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 41% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Copa Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Copa Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Copa Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV