Juniper Networks Inc. (JNPR): Today's Featured Technology Loser
Juniper Networks (JNPR) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Juniper Networks fell 76 cents (-4.2%) to $17.23 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15.8 million shares of Juniper Networks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $17-$17.76 after having opened the day at $17.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.99. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Deltathree (DDDC), down 32%, Hoku (HOKU), down 25.1%, Dell (DELL), down 17.2%, and Daystar Technologies (DSTI), down 13.2%. Juniper Networks, Inc. designs, develops, and sells products and services that provide network infrastructure for networking requirements of service providers, enterprises, governments, and research and public sector organizations worldwide. Juniper Networks has a market cap of $9.52 billion and is part of the computer hardware industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 31, above the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio of 30.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Juniper Networks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Juniper Networks as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Juniper Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV