DIRECTV (DTV) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media loser. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, DIRECTV fell 24 cents (-0.5%) to $46.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.1 million shares of DIRECTV exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $45.62-$46.43 after having opened the day at $46.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.39. Other company's within the Media industry that declined today were: ChinaNet Online Holdings (CNET), down 15.2%, Gray Television (GTN.A), down 6.9%, Seven Arts Entertainment (SAPX), down 5.1%, and Spanish Broadcasting System (SBSA), down 5%. DIRECTV, Inc. provides digital television entertainment primarily in the United States and Latin America. It provides direct-to-home (DTH) digital television services, as well as multi-channel video programming distribution services under the DIRECTV and SKY brands. DIRECTV has a market cap of $30.39 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.6, equal to the average media industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate DIRECTV a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates DIRECTV as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full DIRECTV Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DTV
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV