Vulcan Materials Company (VMC) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Vulcan Materials Company fell 63 cents (-1.8%) to $34.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 746,632 shares of Vulcan Materials Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 725,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.69-$34.99 after having opened the day at $34.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.20. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Avalon Holdings (AWX), down 10.8%, Integrated Electrical Services (IESC), down 7.9%, India Globalization Capital (IGC), down 7.7%, and Caesarstone Sdot-Yam (CSTE), down 4.5%. Vulcan Materials Company engages in the production and sale of construction aggregates, as well as asphalt mix, ready-mixed concrete, and cement primarily in the United States. The company operates in four segments: Aggregates, Concrete, Asphalt Mix, and Cement. Vulcan Materials Company has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are down 10.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Vulcan Materials Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Vulcan Materials Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Vulcan Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VMC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV