Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): Today's Featured Diversified Services Loser
Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Hertz Global Holdings fell 15 cents (-1.1%) to $13.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.1 million shares of Hertz Global Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.54-$13.19 after having opened the day at $13.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.24. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: Genetic Technologies (GENE), down 11.3%, China Yida (CNYD), down 10.8%, Cenveo (CVO), down 9.3%, and VirtualScopics (VSCP), down 5.8%. Hertz Global Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the car and equipment rental businesses worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Car Rental and Equipment Rental. Hertz Global Holdings has a market cap of $5.49 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.2, below the average diversified services industry P/E ratio of 22.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Hertz Global Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hertz Global Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Hertz Global Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV