Dell (DELL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Dell fell $2.59 (-17.2%) to $12.49 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 108.9 million shares of Dell exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.31-$13.10 after having opened the day at $12.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.08. Other company's within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Radcom (RDCM), down 8.2%, AU Optronics Corporation (AUO), down 4.4%, Juniper Networks (JNPR), down 4.2%, and SMART Technologies (SMT), down 4.1%. Dell Inc. provides integrated technology solutions in the information technology (IT) industry worldwide. Dell has a market cap of $26.38 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of eight, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Dell a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dell as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Dell Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DELL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV