Citigroup (C) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose 23 cents (0.8%) to $27.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 48.3 million shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 43.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.08-$27.17 after having opened the day at $26.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.92. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: SYSWIN (SYSW), up 18.9%, Power REIT (PW), up 14.1%, CD International (CDII), up 11.5%, and Gleacher (GLCH), up 10.9%. Citigroup Inc., a diversified financial services holding company, provides a range of financial products and services to consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Citicorp and Citi Holdings. Citigroup has a market cap of $76.97 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.3, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Citigroup a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Citigroup as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about C
Citigroup Fixed Rate/Floating Rate Noncumulative Preferred Stock, Series J About To Put More Money In Your Pocket
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV