Illumina Inc. (ILMN): Today's Featured Drugs Winner
Illumina (ILMN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Illumina rose 43 cents (1%) to $43.46 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Illumina exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.27-$43.53 after having opened the day at $42.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.03. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Rosetta Genomics (ROSG), up 51.3%, Accelr8 Technology Corporation (AXK), up 17.3%, ImmuCell Corporation (ICCC), up 15.3%, and Biosante Pharmaceuticals (BPAX), up 14.3%. Illumina, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function in North America, Europe, Latin America, the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and South Africa. Illumina has a market cap of $5.36 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 66.4, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 65.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 41.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Illumina a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Illumina as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and premium valuation.
- You can view the full Illumina Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV